Sunday, August 10, 2008

blue skies ahead...

ahhhhhhhhh!! i feel like i have 3 weeks left to live, but not. more like 3 weeks left to live in my home, city.. until i depart for the motherland... the most frequently asked questions during this time are:

1.)how are y
ou feeling?

2.)where are you going?

3.)do you speak Chinese?!?



...and i would reply like so...


1.)ummm.. a little bit of everything- exc
ited, anxious, nervous, happy, curious... but mostly excited :)

2.)i FINALLY received word on my placement in Jiangxi province at a university!
when i first heard about it, i thought it was referring to some kind of airline- blue sky airlines? it's possible. hehe it should be a challenging, yet altogether great experience that i'm looking forward to. so whenever you see a good ol' blue sky- you can "think" of me, my team, and my students

here's some fancy pictures i found, they recently remodeled the new campus so it super nice..


















3.) wo ting bu dong ( i don't understand) was one of the first mandarin phrases i proudly learned. chinese mandarin has to be one of the hardest languages to master- especially the tones and sounds of the words. thankfully, i can count numbers 1-10, say a few pronouns, and my favorite to shout out as a greeting or expression... "jiao ming ah!!" (save me! help me!) :D

when posting comments please remember that "loose lips sinks ships"...

4 comments:

Justin and Jen said...

Hey Jodi! Great blog! I will be thinking about you guys a lot :). When our friends were in China last month we helped to moderate blog comments to make sure no one said anything "silly." Let me know if you need any help with that or anything else :) I know dad is going to be very proud of you and your hard work!

Jen

Robert and Hannah said...

Hey Jodi! I'm so excited that you're doing this blog, it's going to be a great way to keep up with you over there. I'll be reading it and thinking of you daily, I promise! And yes, major reunion in Nashville when you get back to the states!! <3 I miss you already!

avery said...

Jodi...you must be in China right now but do you have internet access? I will be regularly checking your blog! I hope you are doing well, and I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

jodi, i was at wal-mart today and saw a planner that was made by a company called "blue sky".. totally reminded me of u. aw. miss u!