Tonight was my first time looking up at dusk and noticing bats EVERYWHERE in the sky... I guess I never bother looking up or I just assumed they were small birds.. but nope- clearly they are bats. Lots of them... small bats, large bats, just bats. I really also like how it's been over 9 months of living here and I just now notice this small detail of nature. haha.. Just felt like sharing that ;)
Hmm..Less than 20 days til' I leave my home in China to go to Beijing and then back to the states- yikes!
I guess you can say there's definitely mixed feelings about going back to the US of A... excited, unsure, and sad pretty much sums it up. hahaha..
So, I obviously excited to see people that I haven't seen in 10 months, especially in person and not on skype (family and friends), I'm excited to understand a language again and be able to read and speak fluently with others, excited to eat ALL kinds of food (oh how we take that so much for granted in America!!), excited to dry my clothes in a dryer, excited to DRIVE (except, I think might have forgotten how to drive following American laws haha), excited to swap stories with everyone about what's he's done this past year... and the list goes on. I'm excited. :)
I'm unsure about lots of things... unsure about how I'm going to understand American way of life aka how to be an "American" again, I'm unsure how I'm going to survive paying more than 1 dollar for any meal, I'm unsure about lots of things... BUT I know I can take confidence and hope knowing that HE is sure and remains the same in both China and America!
I'm sad.. I think it's a pre-grieving period or something where I'm noticing things will NOT be the same next year... sure I'm coming back to the same university and going to see my students again... but I won't be with the same people- together in China- anymore after this month :( Team has been a BIG part of this past year... sharing good, bad, hard, and hilarious times together with these 6 people have made these past 10 months 10 times better. :) Trying not to be too sad about it now- I just don't want it to hit me too hard when I'm back home and be grieving a lot then... so yea.. I guess it's a good thing that I'm sad because it shows that this year has been really really good and I've been truly blessed.
Thanks for keeping posted with my inconsistent seldom blogs!!
No comments:
Post a Comment