Saturday, June 5, 2010

slowly farewelling...

i feel like this "goodbye" process has been a month long... letting people know that we're leaving, slowly saying "goodbyes" even though it's not yet an official goodbye, and having/doing the "lasts" of everything here!

last night laura and I had about 9 of our good friends/students/seekers/brothers and sisters and it was indeed a blessed night! we cooked dinner for them "chinese american" style: baked chicken wings, garlic bread, salad, rice, and stir fry veggies... plates and FORKS and they had to get in line for the food like a buffet style- which most of them have never done before outside of the cafeteria I imagine. it felt like another sunday night dinner at home in America with my family and friends :)

...oh and if you ever want to know what are some BIG HITS in china as far is food is concerned: garlic bread, furikake (japanese seaweed rice seasoning), goma (japanese salad dressing, spam musibi, and any baked goods hehe

but back to the goodbye dinner... after a delicious meal that the 3 boys devoured (I forgot what it’s like to cook for growing young boys!) some scattered off to play nerts while the other group chit chatted. laura and I also got to give away some of our clothes, shoes, and other accessories to the students- one student Karen took a whole bag of clothes and said happily, “i have such a harvest!” then we took some last group pictures and mingled the rest of the night. please remember “jack” a new brother as he is still trying to learn what it means to grow and have fellowship with others!! What precious students we have that will be very hard to leave… but I’m comforted that in the word J says that he is leaving for THEIR good and promises a great counselor to guide them into all truth. That even though we will be leaving, He will not leave them!

here’s a few visuals from the night:

the buffet and i with deceivingly tanned skin :)


enjoying a nice supper, Chinese-American style!


"she's so good, she nerts!" karen said about nicl (it was her first time playing too!)


our fierce gangster pose.. the boys tried :) talent, jackson, and michael- together their names say talent(ed) michael jackson!


happy group shot: (top left to bottom right) michael, jackson, talent, laura, wendy, karen, reborn, nicl, angel, and jodi

1 comment:

ChocoflanChild said...

Thanks for this post! I'm trying to be better about posting on my blog too... and I was esp. encouraged about the reminder that He has sent us a great Counselor to guide His people! More stories about this past weekend Mex trip later!