the other night i was feeling a bit generous and decided to share my two beloved American snacks with a few students to give them a "cultural" experience. almost all of them were eager to try and taste something new, something "strange", something VERY unfamiliar. haha so i gave them a thin mint and a cheez-it. :)


after they took their first bite and looking at their priceless facial expressions i asked them what they thought about it. for the thin mints they said... "it taste like... i have every morning (with the motion of brushing their teeth)..." "toothpaste?" i said "yes! toothpaste!" another said it taste "cool" haha mint flavored stuff is not very common in china at all.. probably their first time eating such a flavor. :) the cheez-it's however were not so popular with their taste buds.. wayyyy too foreign of a flavor. one student said "the flavor is very different at the end than the beginning... i don't like it." haha i told them i'm proud of them for trying something very different... it's like when i try new food in china- you don't know if you like it until you try it! ;)
3 comments:
awesome lesson through snacks! i would help you eat those cheez its any day. :) love you, bj!
Hahaha. I don't know if I could survive in China or Azn countries b/c they don't have a lot of CHEESE in their culinary dishes... I <3 cheese.
And BTW, thanks for posting frequent blog posts-- I look forward to reading them!!
Post a Comment