Tuesday, August 30, 2011

market street

i actually don't know the name of this street at all but we call it "market street" since it's a street with an outdoorsy china markety touch to it :)

it's my 2nd day back and i thought i'd venture out into the overcast/smoggy air to get some essentials- eggs, rice, juice, snacks, etc. i couldn't help but take some pictures of all the great foods you can find in abundance and cheapness on this street and random china life... enjoy!

truck load of eggplant anyone?

yummy yummy greens and veggies

grapes and a creepy shirt of a woman's face

all kinds of chinese mushrooms

a charging chicken, it was going to eat my camera haha

old people enjoying an afternoon chat outside

hand in hand with pregnant overalls :)

...it's good to be back home in harbin :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

glad you made it home!! i always love catching a glimpse into life there through your blog... have a stellar week, bj!

Janice M. Chau said...

OH my Eggplant!!!
Here its still kinda expensive.
Recently, I had a major cooking fail with eggplant. 2 weeks ago,
It ended up in the trash just like the fresh and easy pasta.

ChocoflanChild said...

Ooo-- do you know how to COOK all those veggies! Mm... "welcome back" to China that is =0) Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Aw, as always I loved the pictures. I feel connected whenever I see the things that you see and I know what you are describing. It's great to be home. Miss you.